Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Day 80 - Sunday, February 7, 2016

Image result for solace peace nature serenity
"The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quite alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature. As long as this exists, and it certainly always will, I know that then there will always be comfort for every sorrow, whatever the circumstances may be. And I firmly believe that nature brings solace in all troubles."
-Anne Frank, The Diary of a Young 

FYI: I updated yesterday's post because it was incomplete.

I didn't really do much today. Had a usual case of the Monday-Eve Blues. I'm not ready to go back to work. The weekend was too short. I still haven't gotten to the laundry as of yet. That is the worst chore when you don't have an actual washer and dryer in your house and you have to go to the laundromat. If I had one at home I would love to do laundry! But if "if" was a spliff we'd all be high, so I might as well stop dreaming. Hopefully, Ill be able to afford to buy one soon.

So, to fight off the blues, I decided to do what I do best, be near nature. My son and I went to the park that is located o the ocean's shore. It is a beautiful park. We talked, walked around, and took in the beautiful scenery. He made a friend on the playground and we too pictures,as always, before leaving.

When I got home, I attempted to watch Grey's Anatomy to help me unwind but I was drawn to a different show on Netflix. It's called "F" Is For Family. That was my first time watching it and I sat through the entire six episode season. It's like an animated version of Married With Children.

After sitting on the couch in my zombie-like state, I finally got up around ten at night to go do the laundry. The laundromat closes at 11. But I pushed my way through. I am ready for tomorrow. Mission accomplished!

Sometimes the world seems to get smaller and smaller. The more I learn about life and people in general, the less friends I seem to have and the less possible it becomes for me to interact with others. I get lonely at times but I have learned to push through this because I can't trust people. Sometimes I just want someone to go to the store with or to watch TV with, simple things like that, but I don't know many people right now in my immediate circle who have more than me. And I have learned that that is very important.

Meaning, I have learned to stop surrounding myself with people who stand to gain from me. They have nothing to lose because they have nothing but opinions. So, they stand only to gain or destroy. I want people around me who can teach me something or will take care of me when I'm feeling sick. But where are they? That type of person is scarce. Mr Scholar can teach me something but look what he stands to gain. It's a shame. So, I'll deal with it and go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment