Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Day 60 - Monday, January 18, 2016

Image result for martin luther king jr quotes
"Self-love requires courage. Have the strength to be who you are in a world that tries desperately to make you different. Never compromise to be who you are not."
-Namaste

Today is Martin Luther King Jr. day. I usually don't celebrate much and I have never been to the parade. But today, I decided to make an exception. I was looking nice from my trip to the salon the other day. Now it was time to go out and buy some clothes for my son and I. Call it "retail therapy." My brother was right. It made me feel a whole lot better. But something amazing happened in that store today. I had an epiphany!

I told my son to go find himself something warm to wear and told him to look for a size eight. I hate shopping, so I was somewhat frustrated before even beginning. And it didn't help that I was running late for the parade. Eventually, I found a nice, warm outfit with a hoodie on it. I have to be more cautious of keeping my body temperature in order since my cell count is so low. I tried on the outfit and realized something very special about myself that I usually overlook and take for granted, I am beautiful. Like, remarkably, doesn't-take-much, never-wears-makeup kind of beautiful. As I stood in the dressing room peering at my reflection in the mirror, it was evident. Why didn't I ever pay attention to this before? Why am I noticing it now? 

I guess I noticed it today because I have never been interested in socializing or social events. But I was shopping for one. Then, I looked at the price tags on the outfit I selected and saw that the entire outfit came out to $12. While I do not like to shop, I definitely love to save money. And standing there in that super cheap outfit, looking as stunning as I did, made me realize that I make the clothes, and the clothes don't make me.

The next realization that I had took place when my son brought his clothes to the dressing room. He picked out a nice sweatsuit that he had to match up himself. I was impressed. The outfit was classy, fit him perfectly, matched, and he picked it out by himself. That's when I realized my 8-year old son is becoming independent and doesn't need me for EVERYTHING anymore. That saddened me a bit but made me happy that if I don't make it, there is hope that he will.

We went to the parade and I was immediately reminded as to why I have NEVER attended this event before. It was too ghetto and I felt as if I was in constant danger. However, I had a decent time and hung out with a few of my high school classmates. I needed to get out and start socializing again. Quite a few guys approached me and tried to ask me for my number. It's like I want to socialize, but I'm not ready to start dating. I don't think these men were interested in having conversations about history and spirituality with me over a vegan meal. Because that's all I'm looking for at this point. They may want sex, or even a relationship and I want neither. I don't even know if my vagina works anymore! I don't even acknowledge that part of my body anymore. I was uncomfortable every time a guy approached me. It was so bad that at one point, a decent looking guy approached me to give me his number and I asked him if he was straight. He seemed confused. So I clarified by asking him if he was straight, bisexual, curious, or unsure? He was about to get offended, but when he looked in my eyes and saw that I was serious, he just simply answered, "straight."

Throughout the day, several people gave me hugs. Some friends and some strangers. I have always been the type of person who does not like to be touched by anyone but my mate and my son. But for some reason I was enjoying the physical contact. Feeling someone's hand on my waste or arms around my shoulders made me happy. Then I thought back on my days in medical school (not to become a doctor) when we learned about patient care. A very important part of patient care was physical contact. Now I can see why for myself. It makes me feel like not so much of a leper. But then I began to wonder, would they still want to hug me and touch me if they knew I have this disease...

I made my way home and decided that it was a pretty decent evening. I am no longer tempted by the outside foods and held to this fifth day of my fast. I felt beautiful all day and was approached and treated as the queen that I am. I made a mental note to put more care and love into myself by treating myself more often. My son and I used to go shopping for clothing all the time, probably up until he was six years old and life got more serious with me having to maintain a house and a more demanding job. But that job gave me a lot more money to deal with. Why not enjoy it? I will go shopping again in the near future.


I have included a video clip of why I am trying to master the art of fasting before I receive my Therapeutic Package in the mail. Dr. Sebi was on a fast when he was cured in Mexico. And he suggests fasting when he cures his patients.

Treatment
Form
Brand
Dosage
Bromide Plus
Capsules
Dr. Sebi
4 capsules daily
Bio Ferro
Capsules
Dr. Sebi
3 caps in the a.m. & p.m.
Chelation 2
Capsules
Dr. Sebi
2 caps in the a.m. & p.m.
Black Elderberry
Capsules
Gaia Herbs
2 caps b.i.d.
Black Elderberry
Liquid Extract
Herb Pharm
1 full dropper t.i.d.
Burdock Root
Capsule
Nature’s Way
2 caps t.i.d.
Dandelion
Liquid Extract
Herb Pharm
1 full dropper t.i.d.
Sarsaparilla
Capsules
Solaray
3 caps b.i.d.
Bladderwrack
Capsule
Nature’s Way
1 casule daily

10 comments:

  1. Im still here. I'm rooting for you. I don't know you but I believe you can do this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I tell you that you keep me pumped up, that is an understatement! Thank you for all the support. It is not overlooked. :-)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for posting this video. I had not seen this one. Dr. Sebi says he nourishes his body with tamarind juice when fasting; guess I will be doing the same.

    FLJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have still not figured out tamarind. It looks very intimidating to me. More intimidating than sour sop. I have bought the tamarinds several times and just let them go bad because I don't know how to eat them or am too afraid to because they look funny. Lol.

      Let me know how it goes for you.

      Peace & Love,

      -Queen Selah

      Delete
  4. L.O.L...I can't even find sour sop OR sea moss. As usual; Dr. Sebi is correct. The juice IS very nourishing. I am one of those people who gets hunger headaches if I wait to long to eat. I was feeling one coming on and I drank some of my tamarind juice and I was good.

    FLJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sour sop was one UGLY and intimidating looking fruit as well. But it tasted so good. There are many Caribbean stores where I live so the sour sop and sea moss was easy to find. I guess I'll try the tamarind again soon.

      -Queen Selah

      Delete
  5. Ok; first thing you must do is remove the hard shells and discard them. Next you will need to rinse the inner tamarind pods with water. I then put the pods in a glass bowl and add boiling spring water (about 3-4 cups) to the pods, and let them sit until the water cools. At this point; the pulp should be mushy and soft. Then you will take handfuls of pods and squeeze all of the mushy pulp off the seed. Discard the seeds and string. Now you should be left with just pulp and water in the bowl. Use a cheese cloth or small hole strainer to separate the juice from the pulp. You can add agave to sweeten and add a squirt of lime juice if you like. Then refrigerate and drink. I would advise you to drink it within a week since this is homemade & does not contain preservatives. Let me know if you have questions. The juice does not taste bad at all and gets easier to make the more you do it.

    FLJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my Buddha! That sounds like a lot of work. Lol. But I'm going to try this. Thank you so much for sharing. Once I get it done I might share it in a post. Thank you for the enlightenment.

      -Queen Selah

      Delete
  6. The worst part is removing the pods from the shells. The 2nd time I made it took half the time. You will love it. This is very good for you body too. You are very welcome. I would love to hear about your first attempt making the juice.

    FLJ

    ReplyDelete