Friday, January 8, 2016

Day 50 - Friday, January 8, 2016

Image result for New beginnings
"Don't be afraid if things seem difficult in the beginning. That's only the initial impression. The important thing is not to retreat; you have to master yourself."
-Olga Korbut
8:58 am

It's a new day and I still feel inspired from yesterday. I finished a gallon of water last night and I want to keep the momentum going. I'm going to set a small goal first so I don't feel like such a failure if I deviate. I will take one day at a time. My goal for today is to stay 100% disciplined on the Nutritional Guide. Being at work causes the most temptation. I'm on a mission. I will overcome today.

I have posted the Nutritional Guide below for those of you who are not familiar with it.



Smoothie of the Day:
Burro Bananas
Papaya
Kale 
Blackberries
Sour sop
Agave

I am currently at work watching videos of Dr. Sebi's interviews and lectures on YouTube while snacking on walnuts. Studying always helps me to stay disciplined with my eating.



NIGHT

I made it!!! I'm so proud of myself. Victory is mine! I needed to get back on the discipline horse and push myself to overcome the temptations of every day life and I did it!  

I ate banana chips and walnuts as my snacks today. When I came home from work, I made a salad with romaine lettuce (iceberg is forbidden), walnuts, avocado, sea salt, olive oil, cayenne pepper, red and green bell peppers, and onions. This is now my favorite quick meal. I had no idea a salad could be so delicious and filling without the usual salad dressing. I also have never eaten a salad with those ingredients in them, I thought it would be disgusting, especially with the raw bell peppers. But it wasn't. I don't like oil, but it sealed the flavor in the salad. I will probably use less or none at all the next time I make this. But the sea salt and cayenne pepper gave it the kick I needed. Strangely enough, the avocado seemed to take the place of the meat for me.

I'm going to play around with this recipe a little more. I want to add more powerful greens to it next time. I want to use kale and dandelion greens. I also forgot to add the cherry tomatoes because I was rushing to the gym.

I took it easy in the gym tonight. I only did cardio on the treadmill for a few miles. Then I took my son to the movies. Date night for us. He made the highest score again in his school on his math test so he deserved to go out. You have to reward excellence.


I'm also thinking about making milkshakes in the near future. Possibly a banana or blackberry milkshake. Banana would taste better but blackberry is healthier. Milk is disease's best friend. So it is definitely NOT recommended by Dr. Sebi. However, I make my own walnut milk and hemp milk from scratch, which meets the requirements of the Nutritional Guide and is a healthier choice than animal's milk. I usually use the hemp milk in my smoothies because it is thinner. But I'm going to use the walnut milk in my milkshakes for its consistency.

I'll keep you guys posted. Also, I never use ice in my drinks. I don't like cold beverages. Room temperature is my preference for everything I drink, unless it is hot tea.


TREATMENT

(Nature's Way) Burdock Root capsules - 475mg - 2 capsules b.i.d.
(Solaray) Sarsaparilla capsules - 450mg - 3 capsules b.i.d.
(Herb Pharm) Dandelion liquid extract - 1 full dropper b.i.d.
(Herb Pharm) Black Elderberry liquid extract - 1 full dropper b.i.d.

1 comment:

  1. I am very impressed with Dr Sebi's approach to health. I live in Australia and I like to learn more.

    ReplyDelete