Monday, December 28, 2015

Day 35 - Thursday, December 24, 2015

Image result for determination
"I don't think of all the misery, but of the beauty that still remains."
-Anne Frank, The Diary of a Young Girl

Treatment
Form
Brand
Dosage
Black Elderberry
Capsule 1,150mg
Gaia Herbs
2 caps t.i.d.
Bladderwrack
Capsule 580mg
Nature’s Way
1 cap daily
Burdock
Capsule 425mg
Solaray
1 cap t.i.d.
Damiana
Capsule
Nature’s Way
2 caps t.i.d.
Dandelion
Capsule
Solaray
2 caps t.i.d.
Ginger Root
Capsule 250mg
Solaray
1 cap daily
Kelp
Capsules
Nature’s Way
1 cap daily
Myrrh Gum
Capsules
Solaray
1 cap t.i.d.
Sarsaparilla
Capsules
Solaray
3 caps b.i.d.
Yellow Dock
Capsule 500mg
Solaray
1 cap b.i.d.
Black Elderberry
Liquid Extract
Herb Pharm
1 full dropper t.i.d.
Dandelion
Liquid Extract
Herb Pharm
1 full dropper t.i.d.
Ginger
Liquid Extract
Herb Pharm
1 full dropper t.i.d.
Myrrh
Liquid Extract
Herb Pharm
1 full dropper t.i.d.
Red Clover
Liquid Extract
Gaia Herbs
60 drops t.i.d.
Yohimbe
Liquid Extract
Herb Pharm
1 full dropper t.i.d.
Yohimbe Bark
Liquid Extract
Gaia Herbs
30 drops daily
Bio Ferro
Liquid Tonic
Dr. Sebi
2 tbsp b.i.d.

It is Christmas Eve. I drank a delicious papaya, kale, mango, banana, and agave smoothie for breakfast/lunch after dropping my son off to his friend's house. When I went to pick him up, I was bombarded, once again, by free Cuban food. In the Spanish culture, it is rude to turn down food. But I also felt disrespected by my son's friend's father because he knows I am vegan and just about forced the food down my throat.

Needless to say, I gave in. And it was the worst food ever! It was the type of food I didn't eat even before I became a vegan. He made honey-baked ham, rice and beans, pasteles, and pulled pork with yuca on the side. I ate everything except the yuca and pasteles. The food was delicious, but I know it was bad for me. My body was not used to that sort of food anymore and I immediately became sick and went home. It's difficult to have a social life when you follow a strict eating regimen.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I have been hooked since the introduction. Reading you last statement about the inability to maintain a social life, while on this diet..girrrrlllllll who you telling!! Traveling is a whole nother thing!! But don't mind me, i'll just continue reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. You are too funny. I have recently started traveling with a cooler in the trunk of my car that I pack with salads and fruits on top of ice. That really helps. Enjoy the blog.

      Delete